Wednesday, February 9, 2011

just a little bit stronger

"What do you mean? I'm distracting?" Keith tickled Benny's ribs. They were in bed having breakfast. "I gotta see you in concert."

"You're ruining my reputation." Benny laughed, he bit a piece of toast then.

"Well, I'm going. You can't stop me." Keith smiled as if it were final. "And, you could move in." His eyes set in on Benny, but he munched on the toast and jam as if he weren't going to pay him any mind. Keith sipped a coffee.

"I dunno why you're making a big deal out of this?" After all, Benny had been with him the last couple of days. "You might as well be here." Benny wore his clothes. They'd hung out at all of Keith's favorite coffee shops and bookstore. He'd even gotten him a battery operated tooth brush.

Benny shook his head, no.

"I have a job."  Benny fessed up.

"But you haven't gone to it, in days." Keith winced.

"Its not a very good job, but you know," he sighed as if that was all he had.

"We can find you a better job." Keith didn't know if he could pull enough strings for one on campus, but there had to be something better than a comic book store.

Benny put the plate away then. It was quiet. Keith thought Benny might kiss him then. But he just stared at Keith.

"I can't drive." Keith watched his mouth move. Benny was distracting him.

"What?" Keith wasn't certain if he understood. Maybe he was actually speaking a different language when he spoke.

"I can't drive?" Benny nodded.

"Never?" Keith looked at him as if this was unheard of.

"Never."

Keith kept his eyes on his lips.

"We'll just have to take care of that." Keith wasn't going to worry about it. He'd rather be kissing Benny, anyway.

7 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Keith seems good for Benny. :)

Unknown said...

They're so fun, together.

Lux and Stan said...

This'll be an adventure.

ellie's desk said...

I like them together.

cait said...

I've never seen Benny quite like this.

Holly said...

awesomeness....

Natalie said...

That was really sweet, I love the fact that Keith is so energetic and full of life, Keith rather be kissing Benny anyways (;