Thursday, March 17, 2011

where does the time go

And to think he wasn't drunk. Well, a little, but it had nothing to do with alcohol.

Spencer laid back on his pillow. It was funny to him now. And yet quite beautiful when it happened. Really, he wasn't expecting to be here, in this lull with Gage. He rose up on his elbows and wondered what time it might be. Was it just 7 p.m.? They weren't going to miss GLEE, after all. Well, maybe they were. But that was OK.

Really, he'd planned to ask Gage to stay. Just not with him. Like this. Gage could have his old room. But he didn't really feel like bringing it up now. Instead, he wanted to bask in whatever this was with Gage. It was golden and it was true.

He was happy he hadn't spoken to Todd. Suddenly, he felt he was in a new orbit. So far from anything that could hurt him. Just being with with Gage. They'd kissed for sometime in the kitchen. There were some twist and turns in the hallway, still wrapped up in each other. They almost missed his room completely, by way of the bathroom. But by the time they got there, they had their shirts off. And he hadn't asked what was really going on. He saw Gage's smile who wasted no time to undress him.

Honestly, he was sure he was going to have to be talked into this, but he hadn't. No, it was so natural, like Gage really knew him. When Gage wrapped his arms around him..he knew it was better. Much better than he never knew.

"Do you know how much, I wanted this?" Gage whispered in his ear.

"I don't believe you." Spencer laughed. But it was with hope not with doubt.

"High school." Gage told him. "But I couldn't get up the nerve, and by the time I did... You were already gone."

Spencer didn't want to think about then. He thought of how he'd only looked down. He couldn't look up. It had been such awful time.

"Huh." He didn't know what else to say. He felt Gage's fingers in his hair.

"How did you do it?" Spencer kept staring at Gage's beautiful face.

"What?" Gage's smile was so animated.

"You know, no one ...you know, bullied you." Spencer felt restless then.

"Oh." Gage's hand pulled at Spencer to be closer to him. "I dunno. My Dad's pretty much of a bully. I guess. I kind of got lucky with a cheerleader, a few months. I mean, nothing happened. But she always put a good word in for me. And then, there was band. I just kind of hid out with the trombone players. I played the tuba. It was kind of annoying, but no one else wanted to play it, and it was the only instrument they were looking for someone to play." He pressed his lips tight. "But I didn't stop thinking about you. Wondering, where did you go. You know, did anybody know your real name? I was afraid something had happened to you. I really did. And then I'd think I'd see you. And then, I thought you might think I was crazy...if. But then I saw that article you were in. You know, that local music scene thing. I knew it had to be you. So..."

Spencer kissed him. He wanted him to shut up now. No need to think about the past when they had the future ahead of them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, he was definitely a good thing from the past. Its sad how bullying can control someone's life.

Sara said...

I think they are good together :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see them together! :)

ellie's desk said...

I am happy for them. I think he can trust Gage.