Sunday, December 16, 2012

its not a feeling

"I dunno if I should tell you, or not." Declan wished he hadn't opened his mouth now as he was sure Spencer didn't want to know.

They were getting the wedding cake situated in his car to take to Todd's. Declan wasn't off work yet.

"I think you are." Spencer looked at him as if Declan never talked.

Declan stared at the tiers of white cake. It wasn't exactly huge, but very lovely, even for the holidays with the little flowers and bows, along with the bride and groom on top.

"Well.." Declan was slow to say, as if it were slower to think, the right thing to say. "I, I went to this party with Riv, and..well.." He squinted as if he'd hate for something terrible to happen to the cake. Honestly, it was a fine day for a wedding. The weather was mild. A few clouds coming in. "Noah was with someone."

"I didn't think he'd become a monk after we broke up." Spencer looked at Declan as if there was nothing wrong with Noah seeing someone else.

"It was just weird, that's all. He didn't look like Noah's type, at all." Declan shrugged as he hugged himself.

Spencer rolled his eyes at that.

"I didn't exactly look like I was his type either, now did I?" Spencer winced. Spencer slammed the back of his car shut. Declan slightly jumped.

"I made you mad, now didn't I?" Declan pressed his lips tight.

"Its not you." Spencer kind of frowned. "I know everyone thinks Bucky is a screw up. A big mess. But he's my mess, OK?"

Declan nodded.

"It wouldn't hurt if..if some people could be at least, a little nice to him. Get to know him, you know." Spencer squinted hard.

Declan nodded as if he understood.

"So, he'll be there for the wedding?" Declan asked.

"I hope so." But Declan could hear the doubt in Spencer's voice. He had a feeling Bucky really didn't want to be there.

5 comments:

ellie said...

Hopefully, they'll give Bucky a chance. Hopefully, he won't mess it up.

caitlin and megan said...

I love the title to this. I hope the cake makes it there OK.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I truly hope things work out in this case. :/

MOSAMUSE said...

yea I hope ppl give him a chance . love the reference to the white tier cake
xo
mosamuse
www.mosamuse.com

Sara said...

I hope things work out, everyone seems to be kinda worried.