Monday, May 2, 2011

to the bitter end

"So?" Benny thought Casey would know something by now. About his predicament. Had Casey married his sister? "Did you talk to your mother?"

They met up at Casey's old apartment. Wasn't sure why they did it. Perhaps to have a few beers and reminisce about the good times.

"No." Casey looked so miserable as he was peeling the label off the Korean beer they were partaking.

"Why? Haven't you tried?" Benny scowled. Who'd want to be married to his sister? It was just disgusting, as far as he was concerned.

"I've tried, All right." Casey practically hissed as he looked up at Benny. "She won't return my calls."

"Maybe, she knows what's up. You should see your grandmother again. Find that birth certificate. You sure, you don't even have it on you?"

"Even if I did, it could be a lie." Casey looked away shaking his head. "She never wanted me to know my father."

"What? He a serial killer?" Benny tried to make light of it.

"I won't think about it, with Nina." Casey scrunched a frown and took another sip of the bitter beer.

"How can you not?" Benny looked at him.

"Look, I am her husband. We'll be fine." Casey nodded as if he'd go on. As if it weren't a serious thing.

"How can it be fine, huh?" Benny scowled. He pressed his lips tight. Something had to be done about this. Soon. Like yesterday. Benny put the beer to his lips. Something had to be done and he might be the only one to do it.

7 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope Benny doesn't do anything before thinking it through. :/

molly said...

Oh, Benny..can he do something?

Cait said...

What is Benny thinking?

Kaylia Payne said...

Oh goodness, I hope Benny isn't thinking of doing anything bad!

Unknown said...

Benny to the rescue..we, hope!

griffin said...

Oh Benny..stay calm.

ellie's desk said...

I like that Benny is concerned.