Sunday, September 11, 2011

once upon a time

"All right," Sarah crossed her arms and watched her Mom give Lux her bottle. There was no way she'd raise her voice now. "I know what you did."

Her mom looked up at her. Those eyes never lied. Or did they?

"Don't you think you've done enough to dad, already?" Sarah's voice was cold, but she felt the baby kick just below her right breast. Not even the unborn child inside her could make her stop what she was about to say.

"Oh..Honey, your Dad and I are fine." She looked innocent enough.

"You've deprived him...of so much." Sarah informed her.

"Look, he did his own damage, too." She sounded as if they were on the same page in this.

"I.." Sarah closed her eyes, thinking what she meant. How perhaps her mother did what she did out of some complicated revenge now. Yet, sticking with this man she called her Dad. "I guess..I understand...but..what about Casey?"

"Casey." Her mom looked down at the baby who's thick lashes fluttered with sleep. Lux was a little angel. Her lips were full as Lucy's but her eyes were Todd's. "What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to tell Dad, everything. I want Casey to be a real part of our family. He deserves to know his real Dad. And I think you two should pay for his college education."

Her mother sucked in a breath as if she were asking for the impossible.

"I'll sit down with both of you. We will get through this. Its just I want this settled. I need the truth. Casey needs to know. God, Mom, do you know what kind of life he's had? Do you?" Sarah couldn't help to think her own child could be in the same boat as Casey. Of course, it was different. She did intend to raise her baby on her own. Still, she always wanted to be honest. Was that so hard to do?

7 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

This is a tough time for everyone. I hope he takes this well. :/

ellie said...

Well..this is a make or break time.

mazzy may said...

I know it will be hard..but the best thing for all those in this case.

FWB said...

Wow, That's great if she gets Casey ..to be part of her family.

Kaylia Payne said...

I hope her mum agrees to tell Casey!

Unknown said...

Well, this will take some time.

Sara said...

Wow, I hope her mom does it. Casey should know.