Saturday, January 7, 2012

such weary advice

"Are you sure about this?" Lucy didn't like it one little bit that Sarah was choosing Ezra over her parents. Something wasn't quite right in Sarah's head. "Your Mom only wants to help. She's a grandmother now. She wants to help you and the baby." Lucy sighed as she help Sarah get ready to leave the hospital. "You seriously, aren't going to drive are you?" Ezra couldn't.

"Lucy, I want it to be ..me..and..and the baby." Sarah kept her eye on the infant. She looked out of sorts, but still rather radiant to have been in labor a good twenty-something hours before the seven pounder arrived.

"Its because you're mad at her, isn't it?" Lucy decided. "You can't hold it against her, keeping you from the truth about your father, all this time."

"It doesn't matter." But Lucy knew it did.

"You have to forgive her. You have too." Lucy never thought Sarah felt this way about not knowing her real father. After all, she'd had the most perfect family possible. Lucy wished her own had been that normal.

"Look, can we not..." Sarah watched the baby in her arms. "I don't want to talk about it. I want some time with Jake, on my own. Without her interference. I don't want to depend on her, all right."

"Instead, depend on the likes of Ezra." Lucy was cross about the matter. "He knows nothing about raising a kid."

"Neither, do I." Sarah looked up at her. "But I want to know. I want to learn on my own. She'll hoover. She'll make it too easy."

"Too easy?" Lucy never heard of such a thing. "A baby is hard work." Lucy scowled. "You'll need your rest. Can you guarantee Ezra can do that for you?"

"Well, not all of us have Todd, like you do. He treats you like a princess. And you know it." Sarah snapped.

Lucy kept her mouth shut then. She only wished for the best for Sarah and Jake. Seriously, she didn't think Ezra was up for it. Never would be, in fact.

6 comments:

ellie said...

Lucy, she is a good friend. But it would be tough in that sort of situation.

simon and josh said...

Oh Lucy..She needs to be on Sarah's side.

Chicago Chic said...

I have a giveaway on my blog! Some shoe jewelry :) Stop by if you would like to enter!

x
Rachel

Cafe Fashionista said...

What a complicated situation. :/

FWB said...

Oh, now she wants to be the one with all the answers.

Sara said...

I think she should give them a chance.