Saturday, June 9, 2012

a try or two

"Well, you're..you're going to be a dad now." Sage thought of the future. Not the past. She didn't want to think of Trevor's father. She wouldn't even let herself go there.

"What?" Trevor winced as if he didn't hear her correctly.

"Yeah, I..I met Fergie." Sage let out a breath.

Trevor licked his bottom lip as if he didn't understand.

"You mean, you don't know?" Sage couldn't help be confused.

He cleared his throat and pushed a tear back with his thumb. "Fergie? How..would you know her?" He looked angry now.

"Its kind of a funny story. But my boyfriend's roommate is friends with Fergie's cousin..and..and Benny and his partner, plan on adopting the baby.' Sage looked at Trevor, seeing this was news to him.

"Well, what if its not mine." Trevor looked at her blankly.

"They seem to think it is." Sage didn't know what to say.

"She..she..she hasn't even tried to see me, you know." He shook his head, as if he were indifferent about all of it.

"Well..what if..what if I got her ..to come." Sage would try.

Trevor shook his head, no, as if it were too late. Now his face swelled with tears for a new reason.

"Look, I want to help you. I want..I want to get, you, out of this mess, somehow." She told him.

"But you can't." He made it sound as if it were a done deal. As if he was a danger to everyone.

"You have to let me try. You have to see Fergie, too." Sage would make an effort. She would show him she hadn't given up on him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope neither give up on each other.

simon and josh said...

Trevor needs to know.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm glad they all have each other right now. :)

HailesHeartsFashion said...

After reading the post before, I can't help but feel sorry for Trevor! he needs to stand his ground and fight for what he wants. If not, I am sure Sage can help him get it :)

Hailes<3

Click here to visit my blog – Hailes Hearts Fashion.